At the truck accident law offices of Garcia, Artigliere & Schadrack we understand the devastation that can and usually does result from being involved in any type of truck accident. Our truck accident law firm is dedicated to helping you and your family recover from this sudden change in your life. As with any type of serious accident or wrongful death this happens without notice. There are so many things that you must attend to; medical bills, medical visits, loss of work, pain, neurological issues, loss of income, family issues, potentially funeral arrangements and so much more. The last thing you need to be concerned with is dealing with the legal ramifications and the insurance companies.
Stephen M. Garcia and his team of lawyers have dedicated a practice to helping people just like you that have been injured as the result of a truck accident. While Mr. Garcia has won many awards and received some of the highest accolades for his work as a plaintiff attorney in all areas of personal injury he has a special affinity for helping families that have had their lives turned upside down as the result of catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
This trucking accident blog will be updated often so that Mr. Garcia can help people be aware of the dangers of trucking accidents. In addition if you or a loved one has been injured by a trucking accident in Arizona, California, Florida and Washington please visit our. website or call Garcia, Artigliere & Schadrack at 1-800-281-8515 immediately for free direction and legal advice.
Below are some interesting statistics about trucking accidents that we got from
Center for National Truck Statistics, Trucks involved in fatal accidents factbook & University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
Most cited reason by truck driver for accident:
- Interruption of the traffic flow
- Unfamiliarity with roadway
- Inadequate surveillance
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Illegal maneuver
- False assumption of other road user’s actions
- Distraction by object or person inside the vehicle.
Truck Accident Statistics:
- On average over 5,000 trucks are involved in a fatal traffic accident each year.
- Tractors pulling one semi trailer are the most common truck configuration, accounting for about 60% of all trucks involved in a fatal accident.
- Texas, California, and Florida have traditionally had the greatest number of truck accidents.
- The number of persons killed in accidents involving a truck has consistently been over 5,000 a year.
- The number of truck drivers killed in traffic accidents has consistently been about 675 a year.
- Over 350 pedestrians and 75 bicyclists are killed each year in traffic accidents involving trucks.
As you can see trucking accidents can and do affect people from all aspects of life and they occur without warning. The truck accident law offices of Garcia, Artigliere & Schadrack are ready to help you.